STANDING OVATIONS CONTEST FROM PLAYBILL AND PRUDENTIAL OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE STANDING OVATIONS CONTEST FROM PLAYBILL AND PRUDENTIAL (“CONTEST”) IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT TIME OF ENTRY.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE “OFFICIAL RULES” BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Contest starts on 12:00:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 17, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on December 16, 2022 (“Contest Period”). The Contest consists of fifteen (15) individual Contest Entry Periods. Please see Section 4 below for each Contest Entry Period. Playbill’s server is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
This Contest is provided by Playbill Inc. (“Playbill”) and The Prudential Insurance Company of America (“Prudential”) (together, “Sponsors”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, advertising, sales promotion and judging agencies, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to enter the Contest. Contest is void outside of the 50 United States/D.C. and wherever prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
To enter via video:
Step 1: Create a video of up to 1 minute (60 seconds) in length and with a file size no larger than 50MB that answers the question, “Tell us which Broadway character or song inspires you and why? (“Video”). Acceptable formats for the Video include AVI, MP4, MOV and MPEG-2. Any dialogue in the Video must be in English. Please do not include music in your Video. Videos that include music will be disqualified. Please do not wear shirts or clothing that contain prominent brand logos, trademarks, or third-party’s art, content, images, or likeness. Videos should not be shot in front of art, photographs, or other items that may be subject to copyright or trademark protections. If any other person(s) appears in or were involved in the creation of the footage comprising the Video (including without limitation person(s) who appear in the Video other than the entrant), entrant agrees that prior to submitting Video for entry in this Contest, that they have obtained the written consent of each such person, granting Sponsors and their designees the use of each person’s name, biographical information, image and/or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes relating to this Contest and as otherwise provided for herein.
Step 2: During the Contest Period, go to www.standingovationstickets.com (the “Website” including and linked/sublinked domains therein) and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the Contest and upload your Video ( a Video is also considered an “Entry”). All registration information must be completed in full. Entry must also comply with the Entry Guidelines detailed in Section 3, below.
To enter via essay:
Step 1: Write an essay, in English, answering the question “Tell us which Broadway character or song inspires you and why?” in 200 words or less (“Essay”) and an Essay is also considered within the definition of an Entry.
Step 2: During the Contest Period, go to www.standingovationstickets.com and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the Contest and upload your Essay. All registration information must be completed in full. Entry must also comply with the Entry Guidelines detailed in Section 3, below.
YOUR ENTRY WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD FOR WHICH IT WAS RECEIVED. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/PER CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF YOUR METHOD OF ENTRY. FOR EACH PERMITTED ENTRY YOU MAY ONLY SUBMIT A SINGLE ESSAY OR A SINGLE VIDEO. IF AN ENTRY CONTAINS BOTH AN ESSAY AND A VIDEO, ONLY THE VIDEO WILL BE JUDGED FOR THE CONTEST AND THE ESSAY WILL BE NOT BE JUDGED AS PART OF YOUR ENTRY OR OTHERWISE IN ANY WAY FOR THE CONTEST.
All Entries received from any person that exceed the stated limitations will be disqualified. Entries made by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Incomplete or illegible Entries will not be acknowledged. All Entries received will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” associated with the email account provided during entry will be deemed to be the entrant as long as such person is otherwise eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder of the email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsors will not verify receipt of Entries. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsors. Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agencies (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for Entries that are late, lost, illegible, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that contain false information, that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address for purposes of entry into the Contest. Multiple Entries from the same email address will be disqualified and no group entries are permitted. Use of any automated program or method to enter will result in disqualification of all associated Entries and of the person/email address account responsible for such Entries. If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
3. ENTRY GUIDELINES: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that: (a) it is, in its entirety, your original work; (b) it has not been previously published; (c) it has not won previous awards; (d) it does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy/publicity or other intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person or entity; (e) the Entry is suitable for presentation in a public forum; and (f) publication of the Entry via various media, including but not limited to the Sponsors’ websites and social media channels, will not violate or infringe on the rights of any third party.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims to the contrary. Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, any of the following:
*LIMITED LICENSE: THE SPONSORS’ TRADEMARKS MAY BE REFERENCED IN THE ENTRY FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST ONLY. NO OTHER RIGHTS IN OR TO SPONSORS’ TRADEMARKS ARE GRANTED UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ENTRANT MAY NOT USE THE ENTRY FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN ENTERING THIS CONTEST.
Entries that do not comply with the above guidelines, or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entry must not contain material that is harmful to others, such as viruses, trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Contest or any person’s computer or other device. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsors under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules, that Sponsors are free to use or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsors, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsors any of the rights set out in these Official Rules. You further acknowledge that Sponsors are not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Entry that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Entry. Each entrant understands and agrees that they shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsors arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSORS’ WEBSITES OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSORS, IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION. You further acknowledge that Sponsors are not obligated to post or use your Entry. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and designees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, edit, modify, publish, create derivative works from, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, and have transmitted the Entry or portions of the Entry in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to on any and all internet media, including Sponsors’ web sites and properties and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), for any legal purpose, including but not limited to, administering the Contest and judging the Entries, marketing and advertising purposes. Should Sponsors fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsors’ rights and Sponsors may at a later time request the assignment.
ANY WINNING ENTRIES WHICH MAY BE POSTED TO SPONSORS’ WEBSITES, IF ANY, ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSORS AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSORS IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsors does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
4. JUDGING: The Contest is comprised of fifteen (15) individual Contest Entry Periods. To be eligible for a Contest Entry Period, an eligible Entry must be received during the corresponding Contest Entry Period (see table below). As Entries are received for each Contest Entry Period, such Entries will be judged and scored by a panel of judges appointed by Playbill based on the following criteria: Creativity/originality (1-50 points) and Relevance to Contest Theme (1-25 points), and Authenticity (1-25 points). The one hundred (100) Entries receiving the highest scores according to the criteria listed above for each respective Contest Entry Period, in the sole determination of the judges, will be declared the winners (subject to verification of eligibility). In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged by an additional judge appointed by Playbill who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied Entries according to the criteria listed above. If following the re-judging the entries are still tied, the entrant whose Entry receive the highest combined score for “Relevance to Contest Theme”, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion will be deemed the winner from among the tied entrants. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Non-winning Entries will not be included in subsequent Contest Entry Periods (if any). The chances of winning depend on the relative skill of the entrants and the number of eligible entries received during each Contest Entry Period. The Sponsors reserve the right to award fewer prizes than advertised should there be an insufficient number of eligible Entries received for a given Contest Entry Period to award all prizes.
|Contest Entry Period||Entries received from 12:00:00 a.m. ET||Entries received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET||Judging on or about:||# of Winners|
5. PRIZES (1,500): There are 1,500 Prizes available. Each winner will receive two (2) tickets to a theatrical performance at a local or Broadway, Playbill-served venue of winner’s choosing with a face value per ticket of up to $275 ($550/pair) as the prize for a winning Entry (the “Prize”). Maximum Approximate retail value: $550 each Prize. Winners must provide Playbill with no fewer than three (3) preferred performance dates, times, and venue options. Tickets are subject to availability and substitutions of the Prize may be made at Playbill’s sole and absolute discretion. Performance dates selected by the winner must be within ninety (90) days of winner notification, which will be marked by the date an email is sent by Playbill to the email address submitted by the winner with their entry. Tickets may be delivered to the winner via USPS or may be left at Will Call window (Photo ID will be required) at Playbill’s sole and absolute discretion. Winners and winners’ guests must comply with all Covid-19 safety precautions in place at the venue of the performance. Winners and winners’ guests agree to comply with all applicable performance venue regulations. Sponsors and the venue representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner (and their guest) who, in Sponsors’ or venue representatives’ sole judgment, engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any performance or who engages in any other objectionable behavior. No transportation or lodging will be provided. Any and all necessary transportation and/or lodging will the winner’s sole responsibility. All other expenses on the receipt and use of prize not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to transportation or transportation costs, necessary lodging, and any other miscellaneous expenses, are solely the responsibility of winners and their guests. Any and all taxes resulting from acceptance of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Performances are subject to alteration, substitution, or cancellation due to events including weather conditions, virus outbreaks and aftereffects, health mandates and protocols, and other unforeseen events beyond Sponsors’ control and, if cancelled, Sponsors will have no further obligation to the winner. Illegal sale of tickets may be referred to local law enforcement. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of tickets or portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, in Sponsors’ sole discretion. All prize details are in Sponsors’ sole discretion. In no event, shall Sponsors’ prize liability exceed the stated ARV of the prize. Limit one (1) prize per person for the entire Contest Period. Total maximum approximate retail value of all prizes awarded in this Contest: up to $825,000.
6. POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATIONS: Potential winners will be notified by Playbill via the email address provided at time of entry (“Initial Email Notification”) and must follow the instructions within the Initial Email Notification to claim their prize within seven (7) days from the date that the Initial Email Notification is sent. The first potential winner of a Prize shall be known as the “Original Winner”. If a potential winner fails to claim their Prize in accordance with the instructions provided within the Initial Email Notification within seven (7) days from the date Initial Email Notification is sent, or in any way fails comply with these Official Rules, or is otherwise deemed ineligible by the Sponsors, then the potential winner will not receive any prize, and the Entry that received the next highest score from the Judges (see Section 4) will be deemed a potential winner of a Prize and each of these shall be known as an “Alternate Winner”. Playbill will make up to three (3) attempts to award each Prize, one (1) attempt to the Initial Winner and one (1) attempt for each of the Alternate Winners. If no winner is confirmed for the Prize after three (3) attempts, such Prize will not be awarded. The return of any notification as undeliverable or Playbill’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time-period (not to exceed 7 days) may result in forfeiture of potential winning status and, at Playbill’s sole discretion, the Entry that received the next highest score from the Judges (see Section 4) may be deemed a potential winner. No messages will be left on answering machines or voice mail systems. Sponsors are not responsible for technical difficulties with internet servers or other telecommunications systems beyond their control. Please Note: Winners may be invited to participate in a recorded video interview and/or photograph at the performance venue for additional publicity and if so, such winners will be asked to sign a release for any such additional publicity. In addition, winners may be encouraged to take a selfie at the performance venue and post on their social media channels, at their discretion. Any selfies taken by winners, may be featured on local and national media, and may be used by the Sponsors without further notice for advertising and marketing purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation, except wherever prohibited by law.
8. BINDING ARBITRATION, GOVERNING LAW, AND LIMITATION OF LIABLITY: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsors will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal (other than those claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal, or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsors shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties.
THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ENTRANT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONETARY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO RELEVANT PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors with respect to the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in New York, New York. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsors, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
9. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. NAMES OF WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after December 21, 2022, send a self-addressed, business-size envelope with proper postage affixed by January 15, 2023 to: Standing Ovations Tickets Contest Winners, 729 Seventh Ave, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019.
11. SPONSORS: Playbill Inc., 729 Seventh Ave, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019.
Prudential Insurance Company of America, 751 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSORS AND NOT TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM.